HYDERABAD: Here's a list of nine things you should know about the renowned academician and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-Anantpur vice-chancellor MMM Sarcar, who died in a road mishap on Wednesday.
- Mohammed Moulana Mohiuddin Sarcar, the 64-year-old academician completed Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from College of Engineering, Kakinada in 1975.
- He completed Masters in Engineering (Machine Design) from AU College of Engineering, Andhra University in 1977.
- He joined AU College of Engineering, Andhra University as assistant professor on July 1978. He guided 20 PhD scholars and three more are awaiting their PhDs and five were working for their PhDs under his guidance.
- He did his PhD (Mechanical Engineering) from IIT Kharagpur in 1997.
- He worked as a guest faculty with Andhra University College of Engineering, professor and head of the department in Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Gunupur, Odisha, Head of the Department in AU College of Engineering, Andhra University.
- Sarcar become JNTU-A vice-chancellor on October 26, 2015.
- He has to his credit 80 research papers published in international journals and 15 in national journals.
- He authored a book along with Prof K Mallikarjuna Rao (JNTU Kakinada) and K Lalit Narayana (Sir CRR College of Engineering, Eluru). Another book accepted for publication is Tood Design, which he co-authored with Dr Ch VS Parameswara Rao.
- Sarcar is fellow of Institution of Engineers (India), life member of The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM), Condition Monitoring Society of India; member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and Indian Society For Technical Education.
Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.